I beat it. Pretty easy, pretty fun
Pride DD25 Demo
A downloadable pile of garbage for Windows
I lied about that last one being the last update.
There are a lot of changes in this one so I won't list them all here, but I've addressed almost all of the problems I could think to within reason.
Thanks for playing.
- There are in total 8 weapons and 4 spells across the four classes in the demo.
Crowns are a respawn point.
- You collect pride from enemies after you kill them. This will eventually be used to level the player's stats up. When you die you drop your pride. If you die without picking it up, it's lost forever.
- Enemies have a chance to drop stamina or mana orbs on death.
Ranged weapon reserves refill naturally with your magic pockets, so you're never truly out.
- Dodging gives you invincibility frames, but only while the dodge animation is playing! You pause briefly after a dodge, so if you land on an enemy or get hit while you're stopped, you will take damage.
- Dodging has different effects on certain enemies. Try dodging into stuff!
Attacking with most weapons locks you into place and drains your stamina, though some weapons can be used while moving. The carpenter and deviant can attack while sprinting!
- Each weapon has a combo attack that increases in level as you gain experience with it. (Only works for the carpenter in the demo, and there's no signal that you've leveled up except a new combo.)
- Each attack with a weapon will impose a different level of recovery time in which the player is stalled and cannot act.
- The deviant's slingshot is used by holding down space to charge your shot. There's a leeway period directly after a shot where you can still control the bomb's orientation.
Some smaller enemies have a chance to ignore your attacks. This will decrease and scale with the "accuracy" stat.
- There are enemies that only spawn very rarely and are difficult to kill, but give a lot of pride.
- There are hidden areas, and even a hidden boss fight!
There's a lot of inactive features that didn't make the demo. Hidden stats like accuracy, endurance, strength, agility, etc. change how all of the different actions you take function. With higher agility, you drain less stamina and run faster. Strength increases your damage and reduces your stall timer after attacks. Accuracy makes spells and ranged weaponry more effective. Unfortunately I haven't finished the level up stuff so I couldn't include it. Next demo!
Thanks for checking this out, friend.
extract the files, run the executable